On Friday, January 31, a group of 25 Tetranites donated their time to The Calgary Drop-In Center to serve their lunch meal. We were able to efficiently serve approximately 500 people restaurant style within an hour with another 350 served by kitchen staff. A big thank you to Tetranex Solutions Inc. for sponsoring the fantastic meal of Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches’ with vegetable, potatoes and bread pudding for desert! The Tetranex Leadership Team would like to thank all the volunteers for their outstanding community service and eagerness to aid Tetranex become a helping hand in the community!
Here are a few stats about the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Center:
- The night before we served, about 1300 people stayed at the shelter.
- The Calgary Drop-in Center is the largest of its kind in North America.
- For unsponsored meals they budget $1/resident/day for 3 meals. They definitely know how to get the most out of the money they spend!
- They receive sponsorship for about 10% of the breakfasts served and about 50% of the lunches and dinners.
- They are always looking for donations. Some of the items in need right now are: razors, men’s jeans with 28”-30” waist sizes, underwear, towels, ear plugs. For a full list please refer to the website at http://www.thedi.ca/donate/di-needs-list/.