Tetranex Solutions is proud to support The Canadian Blood Services and are especially proud of the compassionate and willing donors we have on our team. We want to recognize Margee on her first blood donation! Thank you Margee and everyone else who continues to roll up their sleeves for this very important cause.
At some point in our lives, half of all Canadians will need blood or know of someone who will need blood from a donor.
- Every person’s body contains about five liters of blood (or 10.5 pints)
- There are approximately 450 ml of blood in one unit collected
- It can take up to 50 units of blood to save a single car crash victim
- Blood donations help to ensure an adequate supply for Canadian hospital patients.
- Blood donations also play an important role in cancer treatment. It can take as many as 8 donors a week to help a patient with leukemia.
- About 100,000 new donors are needed every year to meet demand
All it takes is one donation to Give Life. You have the power to give life. Please visit www.blood.ca to book your appointment.